The principal role and responsibility of the Liturgical Commission is to assist the Archbishop in the promotion of authentic liturgical life in the Archdiocese of Cape Town. The Commission, under the direction and guidance of Fr Rohan Smuts, as chairperson, is among other things:
- to deal with specific issues and questions concerning the liturgy;
- to present new liturgical documents and directives and, where necessary, to workshop them;
- to provide training and formation for all liturgical ministries;
- to organise large Archdiocesan liturgies, including those of the Centre for Pastoral Development;
- to develop a multi-cultural Archdiocesan choir;
- to foster liturgical music of a high standard, including within this mandate, the fostering of such music within diocesan and parish choirs;
- to provide assistance with respect to liturgical art and architecture.
Liturgical Commission Members: Fr Rohan Smuts (Chair), Fr Lindela Betya, Dcn Rodney Williams, Dcn Saville Graayenstein, Joan Armstrong, Leonard Bailey, Joanne Battista, Andrew Bentley, Nick Basson, Bradley Davids, Stephen Kleyn, Ilze Sidney, Maud Stellenboom, Ferryl Steyn, Jonathan Lee Ching.
For further information, please contact Maud Stellenboom (Secretary) on 021 462 2417 or email@example.com
FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
MASS OF ST PETER
St Peter Agnus Dei St Peter Amen Response St Peter Gloria St Peter Ite Missa est St Peter Kyrie St Peter Memoria 1 St Peter Memoria 2 St Peter Memorial 3 St Peter Sanctus
MASS OF ST THOMAS MORE
St Thomas Gloria Refrain St Thomas More Agnus Dei St Thomas More Alleluia St Thomas More Kyrie St Thomas More Mysterium 1 St Thomas More Mysterium 2 St Thomas More Mysterium 3 St Thomas More Sanctus