MANUAL PREPARED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT NO 2 OF 2000
ARCHDIOCESE OF CAPE TOWN
ARCHDIOCESE OF CAPE TOWN is a religious organisation operating as a church.
Part I (Information required under Section 51(1)(a) of the Act)
Name of Body: ARCHDIOCESE OF CAPE TOWN
Physical Address: 12 Bouquet Street CAPE TOWN, 8001
Postal Address: PO Box 2910 CAPE TOWN, 8000
Head of Body: THE CHANCELLOR FROM TIME TO TIME
Telephone No: 021 462 2417
Fax no: 021 461 9330
E-mail: NOT APPLICABLE
Part II (Information required under Section 51(1)(b) of the Act)
A guide on how to use the Act is to be compiled by the Human Rights Commission in terms of Section 10 of the Act by no later than August 2003. Any queries should be directed to:
The South African Human Rights Commissioner:
PAIA Unit, The Research and Documentation Department
Postal address: Private Bag 2700 Houghton, 2070
Telephone: +27 11 484 8300
Fax: +27 11 484 0582
Part III (Copy of notice, if any, required under section 51(1)(c) of the Act) Currently not applicable
(information required under Section 51(1)(d) and (e) of the Act)
For the purposes of this manual and the Act, the records held by ARCHDIOCESE OF CAPE TOWN are categorised by the nature of the content thereof as follows:
The above records which are of public nature are available automatically without a person having to request access thereto in terms of the Act, as envisaged in Section 52.
|4.2||Address lists, internal phone lists, staff handbooks, employment records and contracts, accounting and financial records; insurance records and historical records of ARCHDIOCESE OF CAPE TOWN.|
|4.3||Internal memoranda, general correspondence and minutes of meetings.|
|4.4||The website address of ARCHDIOCESE OF CAPE TOWN is adct.org.za and is accessible to anyone who has access to the internet. The website contains information in various categories relating to the company and its contact particulars.|
A. The Request Procedure
I. Form of Request
- The requester must have the prescribed form being Schedule 1 hereto to make the request for access to a record. This must be made to the head. This request must be made to the address, fax number or electronic mail address of ARCHDIOCESE OF CAPE TOWN.
- The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the head to identify the record and the requester. The requester should also indicate which form of access is required and specify a postal address or fax number in the republic. The requester should also indicate if, in addition to a written reply, any other manner is to be used to inform the requester and state the necessary particulars to be so informed.
- The requester must identify the right that is sought to be exercised or protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of the right.
- If a request is made on behalf of another person, the requester must submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the head.
A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester is not required to pay the request fee. Every other requester, who is not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee:
- The head must by notice require the requester (other than a personal requester) to pay the prescribed request fee (if any) before further processing the request
- The fee that the requester must pay is R50.00. The requester may lodge an application to the Court against the tender or payment of the request fee
- After the head has made a decision on the request, the requester must be notified in the required form
- If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid for reproduction and for search and preparation and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure
Part V (Other information as may be prescribed required under section 51(1)(f))
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this regard
(Availability of manual under Section 51(3))
An unabridged version of this manual is available for inspection by the general public upon request, during office hours and free of charge at the office of ARCHDIOCESE OF CAPE TOWN
Copies may also be requested from the South African Human Rights Commission
Part VII (prescribed form and fee structure in respect of private bodies)
The forms and fee structure prescribed under the Act are available at the website of the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development under the “regulations” section as well as the SAHRC website (www.sahrc.org.za).